- Do you do your own or do you buy cheap ones from IKEA or somewhere similar or do you get them made by a framer?
- What dictates your choice?
- How do you select the moulding?
- Do you choose one to fit the print or do you have a standard moulding you use for all your prints.
- Does it change over time?
- What dictates the change?
Just wondering what other people do? I send mine to a local framer. When we (Horsley Printmakers) submit a large order we get a substantial discount. The framer was also selected on the basis that they pick up the order and deliver either back to the studio or to the gallery where the work is due for exhibition. I choose to do this
- Because I don't have the skills to frame my own work.
- I don't have the time and would rather use my time to make more prints than make frames.
- The pick up and delivery service also means I have more time for more productive activities.
- I no longer use cheap frames because they tend to come in standard sizes which is a bit limiting but more importantly if I'm making quality work I feel the frame and the materials used in the framing should match the quality of the work.
What do you think?