Monday 31 October 2011


I know I've been very quiet for far too long. Life, the new job and everything has got in the way but here I am again on the eve of my first solo exhibition based on my floral monotypes and collagraphs. 

I've been collaborating with two members of Allendale Forge Studios for this exhibition. David Hogarth, maker of stained glass angels and lamps also makes a range of other popular lamps - not stained glass - based on illustrations and photographs. He has made a small new range of 'artist' lamps using 4 of my images. These can be made to order using any one of my many floral images if there is one you particularly like. 

Norma and Allan Foster of The Drawing Room (formally of Norma James in Corbridge) are providing two or three of their pieces of furniture to 'dress' the gallery and compliment my work on the walls so visitors to Allendale Forge can sit with their coffee in the comfort in the gallery, not just in the cafe. 

And Studio 11 is now also fitted out so I can begin once again making new work during this month in preparation for my up and coming exhibition at Bianco Nero in January and The Biscuit Factory Spring Exhibition in 2012. If you are in the vicinity come and see me at work most Thursdays and Fridays during the month of November.

1 comment:

Mariann Johansen-Ellis said...

congratulations and hope it goes very well! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...