Sunday 19 October 2008

Christmas Exhibitions

I'm really pleased with the way my own work has been progressing. An extra day in the studio and less teaching this month has meant I can concentrate more on where I want to take it.

I'm doing landscapes very paired down to the minimum sometimes using well known landmarks that have a recognisable shape in silhouette. Each one sits on the horizon leaving lots of space in the foreground to play with and do interesting things with texture and colour. I sometimes incorporate smaller shaped plates which reference archeological landscape below the ground.

I've been working on two large plates, one of Dunstanburgh Castle and Lindesfarne. After a fair amount of trial and error I got two prints of each that I was happy with. Mike McFarlane (landscape photographer and friend) is photographing them for me this week before they go off for framing next week so I have some new images for cards, giclee prints and the web.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...