Wednesday 8 October 2008

My Morning

I've just spent the morning putting the finishing touches to our spring programme of workshops and beginning to plan the workshops we will run in the summer months.

It is a brain addliing process. I have to look take into account school holidays; which printmaking media courses we will run, by whom and when; I have to take into account everyone's family commitments, making sure neither Rebecca nor I teach either 2 days in a row or 2 weekends in a row to keep our spouses happy.

Once I have a plan I have to then run it past The Hearth manager for hall bookings. This is where it all gets complicated because the arts centre buildings are still owned and run by the church and quite often church takes precedence over all the leaseholders. The arts centre started because the church buildings were falling into dereliction. In order to get a massive injection of public funding the church had to come up with a plan which was to convert the buildings into artists studios and a coffee shop. The artists' studio rent, the rent from hall bookings for workshops plus the coffee shop means these buildings have been given a new lease of life. It has taken me the best part of a week to work out how the spring term will work and now I'm embarking on our plans for the summer term.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...