Tuesday 1 May 2012

What Makes a Good Gallery I


After 11 months working for Allendale Forge Studios I have now left and this means after a long absence from this blog I'm back in action. Reading back over my previous posts on "What Makes a Good Gallery" I thought it was a good place to start. 

The last eleven months have given me a good incite into both sides - gallery and artist. Rather than a long update I'm reviewing what I wrote before and create a series in bite size articles that cover the following areas:
  • Contracts
  • Commission
  • VAT
  • Payment
  • Pricing
  • Gallery/Artist relationships
  • Presentation
  • Marketing & Promotion
  • Insurance
This list is not exhaustive and I welcome input from artists and galleries alike. The next post will be about Contracts

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...