Friday 2 October 2009

Relief

Last week - total panic! Horsley Printmakers' calender said ''Work ready for collection by the Framehouse". The Biscuit Factory Christmas Exhibition does not open until November 27th so it seemed really early but I didn't question it. I looked desperately at my prints to see were any of them any good. Yes, but not as many as I would have liked.

Panic now over. The date was aimed at Rebecca and her workfor The Affordable Art Fair in London. I still have 4 more weeks. Yesterday was a better day.

In between I'm busy pulling together the Spring and Summer workshop programmes for HP.The Spring courses are just about wrapped up. I can''t wait to go on Mandy's 2 evening classes - Floral Monotype and The Animal Kingdom in Collagraphs. I'm teaching Pattern and Shape Linocuts in Multi-layer Printing and Collage & Colour Linocuts and an Inking Up a Collagraph masterclass by request from some of our students. We are re-introducing photo-etching after a long absence as we have recently purchased a new exposure unit. And a two Saturday course in Monotype in Layers - sharing Rebecca's own special layering approach to monotype.

It's so exciting! This term got off to a slow start but all except onecourse are going ahead. Two are full with 2 more almost there. We anticipate by the time the remainder run there is every chance they too will be full or almost so. We are so pleased.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...