Sunday 30 January 2011

Print to Impress at The Biscuit Factory

Well I can hardly believe 2 weeks have gone past and I haven't managed to post anything til tonight. Time flies doesn't it? This week Rebecca and I met at The Biscuit Factory for the selection meeting for our Print to Impress meeting with the print curator Sam and the new gallery manager (whose name escapes me just now).

Anyway, I had absolutely NO IDEA whether we had a good crop of work this year or not. Rebecca had been receiving all the work in over the last few weeks and as usual it was the last minute flurry of activity where we went from 'OMG there won't be enough work' to 'Wow, where did all that come from?'

Meeting started at 10.30am. We got away at 1.30pm so yes there was plenty to choose from and the standard was very high ... yet again. We now have well over 120 prints from 26 artists, some are beginners, some seasoned participants now. It's going to be a good one and as soon as Rebecca sends me some of the images I'll post them here for you to have a sneaky peek.

Exhibition starts March 11th with a preview 6-9pm. It goes on until May 3rd. If you're in the area pop in, if you're not you'll be able to see the work on the Biscuit Factory website closer to the time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...