Tuesday 10 February 2009

Working Methods - Part 2.


Here is another example of what I was talking about in my last post. This is a plate I made after I had been on one of the courses with Peter Wray. The plate has mounting card as its base with texture past added to the surface. I drew into the texture paste and took a blow torch to it whilst it was still wet which does really interesting things to the plate surface. Finally I dribbled PVA across the plate.

I don't always start with a plan in mind. I like to see what happens as heat develops the surface or PVA takes to the plate or whatever. Quite often I will ink up a plate in a single colour to see if the marks suggest images to me before I proceed with more colours.

These are just two examples of the prints I've made with the bottom one being the most recent.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...