Monday 30 November 2009

Weekend Success

Well I certainly bit off almost more than I could chew on Friday. Having taught all day I needed to leave at 4 p.m.on the dot to get home, changed, fed and teenagers sorted before attempting to catch a train into Newcastle to be picked up my my other half to go onto the Biscuit Factory preview.

Then two very nice Scottish ladies arrived inot the studio at 3.30 in the middle of my class (we alway welcome visitors even if a class is on). They wanted to purchase one of Rebecca's prints - no rapid exit at 4.

I got home at 4.35, shot into the shower, flung my face on, a fresh set of clothes, saw to it the kids had plans for the evening and food - got to the station with seconds to spare. No food for me though so other half kindly obliged by getting me an ASDA salad to eat in the car when he picked me up from the station.

Biscuit Factory was buzzing! Good display of my work on the wall with a heartening sight of a couple in deep conversation about the merits of one of my prints. The woman got another version of the print out of the browser and set off to the cash desk. Shortly afterwards she and her partner returned and put it back! However, the sales desk was in fact so mobbed on Friday night and sales were made over the weekend.


Meanwhile on Saturday and Sunday we opened our own studio as part of the Hearth Christmas Open Studio. I had low expectations given how poorly I did on the summer Art Tour but to my delight I sold several prints on Saturday. Sunday sales were mainly small items and the weather was positively horrendous. Nevertheless by the end of the weekend over 200 visitors had come through. Not bad for just AA signage and e-mailing lists.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...